Sunday, May 31, 2015

knitting the euroflax

image

since i finished my sparrow tee, i had to cast on something new. and since i don't have anymore of the quince & co sparrow, i decided to use my (recently discovered) euroflax linen.

thus far, this project is a "win" …

for several reasons:

  • i had the yarn in stash, which i just "found" in the back of a drawer a week or so ago (i had bought it years ago when i worked in a yarn store, thinking i was going to knit a shawl)
  • i had the magazine with the pattern
  • i'm really into these loose summer tops right now
  • it's super easy -- at least for now, until i get to the fisherman's rib part. so, it's "mindless" for the moment
  • and, this is already knitting faster than any of my other sweaters, as this is knitted on size 6 needles! huge compared to my other projects -- fewer stitches, fewer rows per inch. win-win.

and i've thought too, if i like this once finished, if i dare to knit it again, i have many yarn choices in stash for this top (i.e.: silky wool, hempathy, lonco solid, lindy chain, etc).

image
this is what i've accomplished since last night. doesn't look like much, because i spent part of the morning weaving in the ends and blocking my lena tee. but still, that's quite a bit!

so, the lena tee is done!

image

i can't really get great pictures right now. i have a new camera (new to me) but my old computer does not like images. whenever i try to do something with photos on this laptop, it crashes. i have a new (to me) computer waiting in the wings. it's getting a new keyboard, and hasn't been mailed yet. i'm really looking forward to using a camera and different computer to take project photos. in the meantime, i'm using my iPhone. 

image

this is my soft stones pullover. again, miles and miles of stockinette stitch. i'm on my 3rd ball of yarn (i have 5 total). it is mindless knitting, but these needles are a bit pointy, and sometimes make my fingertips hurt. yes, i could change needles, but that would require spending $ and trip to a yarn shop (otherwise known as the danger zone !!!)

that's right. i can't be trusted in a yarn shop. remember my declaration of "cold sheep" this year? yeah, that's so out the window.

however, i will say it has made me a more discriminating knitter, in terms of yarn purchase and projects. if i've purchased yarn it was for a project i'm actively working on (mostly). ha!

image

image

and lastly, my crochet shawl. i joined a CAL on ravelry. this has a deadline of june 20th (i think)? i bought this yarn at SAFF in 2009. finally, i found a project "worthy" of it. 

so, here i am knitting a shawl with lace weight yarn on a c-hook (tiny!). knitting an oversized pullover with fingering weight yarn on US size 5 needle. started a tee on a giant size 6 needle!






No comments: