Sunday, November 23, 2014

new socks with old yarn

one of my favorite funky sock patterns is stripe tease. i have knitted this pattern before with just 1 yarn, and a few days ago decided i wanted to make some socks with leftovers, so i pulled some of my self-striping leftovers from a bin.

IMG_7677.jpg

the original pattern knits it with 6 strips, but i am knitting with 4 strips, and the bottom of the foot will be in one piece, since i don't think having seams on the bottom of the foot would be comfortable. the socks will be a gift if i finish them in time. i'm still knitting on my tubularity. i'm on the last color too! and, my beeline sweater is still sleeveless =( there are just not enough hours in the day!

IMG_6273.jpg


IMG_0576.jpg

i took this photo some time last week. we'd had a day of rain and wind, and the next morning my truck was buried in leaves.

2 comments:

Two Cables and a Frapp said...

Great idea for those little balls of fingering that I have. I like the pattern too. You're right. There are not enough hours in the day.

elns said...

What a cool pattern, I like the idea of omitting the seams on the bottom too.

Are you sure the leaves on the car are not staged?! wow.