Sunday, July 27, 2014

i am behind on sharing ...

i have been on vacation, and i returned last weekend. it has been a long week of "recovering". i think i can say i've recovered now --- jet lag is not a myth!

image

guess where i went?

… there's nothing compared to the wonderful sunflowers of tuscany!

for my travels, i wanted to take a mindless knitting project. a friend suggested to me to knit a hitchhiker. that was actually the perfect travel knitting.

a couple of days before my departure, i cast on. i finished the scarf on my final flight home. i did not sleep on any of my flights, so i had plenty of knitting time. while in italy, i knitted some while in the car, or a train, or on the beach.

Untitled


Untitled



Untitled
Untitled


image

… me knitting in Pisa. i was waiting for ♥ someone ♥ ….

image

i wish this photo was larger!

Untitled

i did start something new … again, something "mindless". this pattern is free on ravelry, and is similar to the hitchhiker. i am using berroco's alpaca fine (i think! … i lost the label).

the pattern is called nurmilintu.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have had this pattern in my Ravelry queue for a while now. I even have the yarn picked out. I think it's time to start. :)
BTW - I am jealous of your trip. It looks amazing!
~Amanda from His and Her Hobbies

Christine said...

Someone told me that it takes 1 day for each hour of difference to recover from jetlag. When I went to China - 14 hours difference, it took me 2 weeks.. This time, 7 hours difference, exactly 1 week. It's definitely not a myth! Especially for people who didn't sleep on the plane but knit, knit, knit! (like me!)